Abstract submissions are welcome for consideration for the 16th Conference of the European Council for High Ability, which will be held in Dublin, Ireland on 8th – 11th August 2018.
Call for Abstracts: 27 June 2017
Abstract Submission Deadline: 24 January 2018
Notification of Acceptance of Abstract: 23 March 2018
Deadline for accepted authors to register to confirm attendance: 8 May 2018
Programme Available Online: Beginning of June 2018
The abstract submission process ECHA 2018 will be through the ECHA 2018 online submission portal. Presenting Authors are requested to create an account and submit an abstract for review according to the guidelines set out below. Should you require any assistance or have a query about online submission, contact [email protected]
- It is ESSENTIAL that you read the instructions below before you submit.
- The Presenting Author must submit the abstract and is required to be the corresponding author for that abstract
- Abstracts must be submitted in English
You do not need to register for the Congress prior to submitting an abstract however following acceptance into the programme you must register by 8th May 2018.
If you have an accepted abstract you are entitled to get the early bird registration rate up until the 8th May 2018. You will be provided with a link to register at this rate in your acceptance email. If you have any queries please contact [email protected]. After this date any registrations made by you will be at the prevailing congress registration fee at time of registration/payment.
An abstract can be submitted for presentation at the Conference as one of the following categories:
- Oral Presentation
- Poster Presentation
The Programme Committee may at the review stage change the presentation type submitted by the author prior to notification of acceptance to ensure the continuity of the conference programme i.e. oral presentation may be changed to poster presentation OR poster presentation to oral presentation. The presenting Author will be informed of any change to their submitted presentation type at the acceptance notification stage. The decision of the programme committee is final.
You must submit your abstract into one of the themes listed below:
1. Designing programmes for gifted students
2. Social and Emotional well-being of gifted students.
3. Impact of the European talent Support Network
4. Technology and gifted students.
5. Working with gifted students in the classroom.
6. Research into giftedness.
7. Best practice for gifted students.
8. International perspectives of gifted education.
9. Twice exceptional Students
10. Working with gifted disadvantaged students
Submission Guidelines and Templates:
Please adhere to the following formatting guidelines when preparing abstracts for submission for ECHA 2018. Abstracts which are not correctly formatted will not be reviewed.
How to submit an abstract
The Presenting Author will be the contact person for the abstract and must submit the abstract. Once you enter the online submission portal, start by creating an Account. Please keep a record of the account details you use to set up the account as you will require them to log into both the ECHA 2018 abstract submission system and Conference registration portals. Upon successful submission of the abstract a confirmation email will be sent to the Presenting Author. If you have not received a confirmation email, please check that your abstract is not left in draft and is fully submitted by logging back into the portal and checking on the Edit Abstracts page.
A person may be associated with an unlimited number of papers but only 1 paper per registration as lead presenter will be permitted.
IMPORTANT: Please note that you can save your submission as a draft and return to edit the submission, but once it has been submitted the abstract cannot be edited after the close of submission deadline. If you require any assistance regarding the submission of your abstract, contact [email protected]
The online abstract submission system is a simple step by step process and will ask you to input the following details:
- Title of the abstract (word limit is 15)
- Presentation type (Oral, Poster, Workshop, Symposium)
- Theme must be chosen from the theme list above
- Choose the most relevant target audience (Parents, Policy makers, Practitioners, Psychologists, Researchers, Students, Teachers)
- Name, affiliation, and job title of Presenting Author (this person will act as the main contact for this abstract)
- Name, affiliation, and job title of co-author(s)
- Indicate the Presenting Author as requested
- Abstract word limit is 300, excluding Title, Authors and Affiliations
- The name and contact details for all Workshop and Symposium speakers must be added to Additional Information. Oral and Poster presenters are not required to complete this section.
- Download the abstract template shown below to create the abstract as a Word document and then save as a Word file for uploading to the system. Only WORD files will be accepted for upload. Graphs and tables may not be included in the abstract
ECHA 2018 Abstract Submission Template
Abstracts must be formatted using the ECHA 2018 template. Abstracts can be submitted in English only. Click on the button to download the template. The abstract format has four main sections:
Notification of Acceptance
Notification will be sent to the Presenting Author in March 2018.
When notified of acceptance, the Presenting Author is required to accept their offer by registering for the Conference by 8th May 2018. Failure to do so may result in the rejection of their abstract from the programme.
Terms and Conditions:
- The abstract submitted adheres to the abstract submission guidelines on the ECHA 2018 website.
- The text of the abstract along with the names and affiliations, poster, powerpoint presentations and/or additional documents as requested will be published on the conference website and book of abstracts, and that this will not raise any copyright issues.
- This abstract has only been submitted once for ECHA 2018.
- A submission as a particular presentation type may be changed to a different type following review in order to be accepted and included in the programme.
- Presenters may be recorded for live streaming. A recording of the presentation and a copy of the slides may be published online after the conference.
- It is the responsibility of the Presenting Author to submit the abstract. They are the main contact whose responsibility it is to communicate with other co-authors and ensure that they register to be included in the programme.
- Accepted authors must register by 8th May 2018 to confirm acceptance of their offer in the programme. If accepted authors are not registered by this date, they may be removed from the programme.
- A person may be associated with an unlimited number of papers but only 1 paper per registration as lead presenter will be permitted.
- The abstract submitted is in English.
- The Presenting Author is available to present at the conference on 8 – 11 August 2018.
If you have any queries regarding the above, please contact [email protected]
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN