REASONS TO ATTEND
CTY Ireland is delighted to host the 16th Conference of the European Council for High Ability! We hope that many of you will choose to join us in Dublin for ECHA 2018 and experience our vibrant home. Here are just some of the reasons to persuade you to make the trip, whether you are coming from near or far!
- ECHA 2018 will be hosted by CTY Ireland, one of the largest programme providers for high ability students in Europe. CTY Ireland was the first international outpost of the Centre for Talented Youth in Johns Hopkins and has served over 60,000 students since its inception in 1992.
- CTY Ireland is the hub of several European Talent Points, which help us serve gifted students across Ireland.
- Dublin has been voted one of the top five friendliest cities in the world by Condé Nast Traveller magazine and this warm friendly atmosphere will be present throughout ECHA 2018!
- The venue for the conference will be Croke Park Stadium, which has been the hub of Irish sport for over a century. Croke Park is steeped in history and Irish cultural legacy and conference guests will be able to take their coffee breaks while looking out over the famous pitch and accompanying Dublin city skyline.
- The conference venue is centrally located and well served by public transport, with Bus, Rail, DART and LUAS all bringing you within a 15 minute walk of the stadium.
- Dublin is a city rich in culture and history and visitors can enjoy a variety of different sight-seeing tours by bus, by boat and on foot. Conference guests of ECHA 2018 will be able to take advantage of Croke Park’s own incredible visitor attractions, including the Stadium tour, the Gaelic Athletic Association (GAA) Museum (where guests can practice their football and hurling techniques) and the Etihad Skyline Tour, which offers unparalleled views of Dublin city.
- ECHA 2018 will feature a dynamic and engaging academic programme, as well as an exciting social programme, featuring traditional Irish music and a chance to experience the country famous for ‘céad míle fáilte’, a hundred thousand welcomes!
REGISTRATION NOW OPEN